Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

male urethral douche
Nov 20, 2004

Hello: Male urethral douche within 3 hours after sex (3 to 6 hours max) reduced VD from 18,000 cases per day to 600 cases per day, U.S. WWII military statistics quote. Male urethral douche worked well and was U.S. (and other) MANDATORY Military Policy, with clean-up stations provided for the troops in areas of prostitution and at the bases for convenience, the male urethral douche hygiene protocol reduced VD (sexually transmitted disease). A vet who stated he was in charge of troops in Japan said military personnel were permitted to stay in the houses of prostitution as long as they wanted but were not permitted to leave UNTIL they simply self-administered the male douche and peed out an anti-infective preparation which did not irritate. SO, WHY ISN'T THIS BEING DONE NOW? What happened to the male douche and how do we get this going again? The idea of cleaning up the female EVENTUALLY with a vaginal microbicide IN A FEW YEARS, without cleaning up the male EVER is DUMB and DUMBER. Thanks.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Male urethral douche??? Ouchamagoucha! You want us to go back to practicing medicine and STD prevention the way we did during WWII??? No, my friend, this is definitely not a good idea for so many reasons. I'll just ask you to trust me on this one, OK? For a review of microbicidal agents and HIV prevention, I'd suggest you read the HIV InSite Knowledge Base Chapter on Transmission and Prevention, which can be found at http://hivinsite.ucsf.edu/InSite?page=kb-07-02-02.

Stay informed. Stay safe. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Definition of Immunosuppresant drugs - Never Asked Before - Honest!
Next
bob, i apologize on behalf of the ignorant/insensitive/impatient people

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.