hollow bore needle stick

Hello Dr.

I'm just writing to say that I too was infected by a hollow bore needle stick accident. People think it can't happen this way, but as we are living proof, it absolutely can.

So people should know to beware. Even if you are already careful about needles and you're informed about risks of occupational exposure, HIV can still enter your body beyond your control. So that means we should never be in a room with a needle full of HIV positive blood. That's why I think only robots should do surgical procedures on HIV positive people. For a person to do this, it is just suicide. Clearly. I mean, take you for example. You're one of the most informed people about HIV information in the world. And even YOU were infected. That means the way in which you were infected must have either been a high risk or an absolute freak occurrence. Imagine if you had that kind of luck playing the lottery. You'd be richer than rich.

Mine would definitely qualify for freak accident, not high risk. Sorry, I really do not agree with you. If I need my appendix out, I really don't want Robbie Robot wielding the scalpel! Many occupations have associated risks. By your logic, firemen should never go near burning buildings, because they might get hurt. Physicians know their risks. Those risks come with the privilege of the position and the duty to help others in need.

6th time donation on the way
Dr. Frascino I'm sure your very busy...