Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

(4TH TRY)PLEASE!!! I DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!
Nov 15, 2004

Dr. Bob dont get mad at me plz. I just don't know what else to do, im really scared. Please respond back please. I saw 4 different doctors and no one knows what I have and it doesn't go away, it has been already 6 weeks! I put my tongue in a stripers vagina for 5 sec, now i have this desease that doesn't go away! The problem is that my lips burn. Also, my lower lip and the middle part of my top lip, if they get wet they turn white and peel off. I have to keep them dry and I dont bite them nor lick them either. I'm scared that, if no doctor knows what this is that it might have to do with hiv (6 more weeks for 3 month test). Man im tired of self diagnosis I just keep going around in circles. i had other symptoms in my mouth. I had pinpoint little bumps on my upper gums, these were painless. Also, i had more under my tongue these were also painless, at present time these have gone down a little and are less noticible, but my lips continue the same. also my saliva is thicker than it used to be. two other bodily symtoms are a gooey post nasal drip that doesnt stop (i had it before but it was minor compared to now) and mucus in my stool daily (been going on since week one now its less, but still present). oh ya and 1 week ago doctor gave me Tetracycline for sever acne on back, shoulders, and chest. and he gave me meat tenderizer to rinse my mouth with. Dr. Bob please say something to me! No one knows whats going on how can no one know. What do you recommend me to do?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

"Don't get mad at me?" Why would I get mad at you?

"Dr. Bob please say something to me!" OK . . . how about this: Snap out of it! All this worry for a five-second lick of the love canal is way out of proportion to any degree of real HIV risk.

Look, anxious guy, if your lips burn and peel, see a dermatologist. If you already have (since you've seen four different doctors already) and they can't find anything physically wrong with you, you should consider the possibility that these symptoms are stress and anxiety related. Counseling may help you get through the stress of the next six weeks. Your HIV risk is nearly nonexistent, in my opinion.

As for rinsing your mouth with a "meat tenderizer," did you go a doctor's office or a butcher shop to get that treatment?

Good luck. My guess is that these symptoms may magically clear up once you get your negative HIV test results.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Just donated
Next
Deployed Sailor... HELP!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.