Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Just donated
Nov 15, 2004

Dear Doc,

Almost 2 months ago I had protected sex with a prostitute in Prague on a trip to Europe...A big mistake, but Im young, and so long as I learn from my mistakes I shouldn't beat myself up too much about it (I've already done that for the past month).

Anyway, when it happened I sat at internet cafes for hours reading every page of this site - and it helped! So many sites have protected sex down as 'reduces likelihood of HIV' - which is technically true - but it still doesnt sound very good :). On the other hand, your answers are excellent, and the fact that you are able to add humour to your replies when the issue is so close to home is remarkable - you are like a saint to me! :)

Anyway, Ill get my 1 month test back tomorrow, and then go for my 3 month at the end of the year...So hopefully Ill be able to post a woohoo then.

I have just donated $75US (Im a student, so its all I can afford at the moment) to your foundation, and I will be sure to donate more in the future.

Thank-you!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Isn't Prague an amazing city? No, not because of the hookers, you horndog, I mean the city itself! The view of "Hradcany" (the castle) seen from Charles' Bridge at night is an unforgettable sight!

Regarding your post, why are you beating yourself up at all if your Czech sex was "protected?" "Protected" really does mean "protected," assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not fail. We'll definitely be expecting your three-month WOO-HOO to arrive on time!

Thank you for your donation. Your $75 gift can potentially save 93 lives by providing anti-HIV medication to HIV-positive pregnant women to help prevent the spread of the virus to their unborn children. That, my friend, is not a meager donation. In fact, it's nothing short of miraculous! On behalf of those who will be touched by your gift, please accept my heartfelt thanks.

Stay safe. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Paranoid about an incident
Next
(4TH TRY)PLEASE!!! I DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.