I don't know what else to say

Dr. Bob,

Just recently I have had this fear of contracting the HIV virus through a girl who I did not know at all. She seemed to be high risk where I used a condom and it fell off when pulling out. Well the last few weeks have been hell. I basically would come home from work, turn all the lights off and research HIV symptoms, tests, and how it effects people. Well I came accross your forumn last week and wrote you. Of course you would not respond because it was an outrageous question and I have noticed you have answered all of my questions through other emails. I really really appreciate the job you have done on this board. Last night while reading this forumn I came to the conclusion that I had nothing to worry about and you had put me at ease. No other forum or website is like that. I took a test after a month and found out I was negative but I have had no symptoms besides irrational fear. I know that you must tell people that 3 months is good enough. I am going to take my chances knowing that a month is fine. Seriously, you don't have to respond. I just want to say thank you for being who you are and I just want to let you know that you are doing a wonderful thing.

Thanks for your thanks. I'm delighted you found the information you needed in the archives. I encourage others waiting for a personal reply to also search there, as there is an excellent chance your answer is already waiting for you!

Good luck. Yes, I do still believe tests prior to three months cannot be considered definitive.

Stay well.

Can I FINALLY WOO HOO?
how acute