|Is my campsu doctor right?
Nov 11, 2004
I hope you are ok and well and i hope Dr.Steve knows what a lucky guy he is ;)
Anyway,long story short.
I met a beautiful women whom i think she may be "the one"
1. 6 weeks ago we had protected vaginal intercourse, at middle of it we sensed that something is not right and stoped. My god, she was bleeding. An early period. We stoped having sex,condom (durex extra safe) was intact but there was blood around my penis base.i went to bathroom and cleaned my self with warm water and soap and checked if had any wounds or cuts, there was none.
2. 3 weeks ago we had protected anal sex, there was no blood and condom was intact, but i penetrated my finger 5 or 6 six times to her anus. Again no blood or no cuts on my finger.
2 days ago i start to worry and check into campus clinic (i am studying automotive enginnering, master degree)
Nurse told me that there is no resident immu.doc. So i checked to surgeon. I told about incidents and he told me that i was at no risk for HIV and test is not required.
To make myself clear i insisted to have a test though i know 3 months is not completed, tested and came back neg. By the way i was also tested HIV- for a regular insurance check-up on July.
Is my campus doctor is right? Am i really at no risk for HIV?
Thanks for answers Dr.Bob. Maybe i could send a donation when i graduated :(
Take care. we love u
Murat from Turkey.
PS: Next time when u came to Ephesus to climb please let me know, i will join you. Or maybe just mail me and you can stay at my house [ok...ok... Dr.Steve is also welcomed.. :) ] in Istanbul. I'll show you around
| Response from Dr. Frascino
I would agree your HIV risk is minimal to nonexistent. Even if your girlfriend was HIV positive and you got some menstrual blood on the base of your penis, HIV cannot pass through intact skin. The anal sex was protected, so assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not break, again your risk should be essentially nonexistent. Finally, if your girlfriend is indeed "the one," you could suggest you both get HIV tests as a baseline, since your relationship seems to be progressing. If she's negative, as anticipated, that's additional evidence for you regarding these previous exposures.
Stay well, and let me know when you've finished your automotive engineering degree, because my car is making a really weird noise lately.
Finally, I just may take you up on that offer to show us around Istanbul. I got hopelessly lost in your city on my last visit!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Skin After Anal Sex Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Rimming Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Tongue After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.