The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Can I woo hoo at 82 days, elisa hiv test

Nov 10, 2004

I wrote you a couple of weeks ago and thank you again for answering my question about my first gay sex in miami,you helped me a lot during these months, you kept me sane and of course trance music, i hope you ckecked them(the DJs) out otherwise i can send you a copy. Well i ust got my result to day at a university student health, they are pretty accurate with the latest testing kit, i assume? It came back negative which was very good news for me, my question is;is 82 days elisa test definitive and can I have a big WOOHOO?

I have donated and i will keep on donating. All those billions of $$$ at waste in Iraq, instead of helping people in need, whats going on here????

Gros bisous doc. et j'espere que vous ete bien en forme.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi First-Gay-Sex-in-Miami-Trance-Guy,

Well, the general rule is three months for a definitive result. And that's my formal position as well. However, my informal position is that the immune system is really not a digital calendar that can distinguish if you are a day or two early, so I'd suggest a WOO-HOO is indeed warranted.

Haven't had a chance to trance lately. I'm in Boston at the moment. Will definitely check them out when I'm next in Miami or when I get back to my beloved San Francisco.

Merci infiniment pour ton don généreux. Et oui, merci . . . J'ai la pêche !


Dr. Bob

Gamma GT and Seroconversion
learning to Woo-Hoo

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint