Concerned and Confused Reader

As a newly diagnosed HIV patient(AUG '04), (actually this is the first time I've actually said that in writing)....I keep a journal and have been for many years so it is a little weird for me to be able to say this. It has been very helpful that the first thing that I looked up was a way of getting additional feedback about HIV and what exactly my diagnosis means. However, when reading some of the questions you guys get, I am still amazed at the fact that there are some people who are still clueless about just how HIV is contracted. When I read people writing in and "SWEARING" that they have HIV and ask questions and make statements without yet having been tested, it makes me wonder just how ridiculous that seems! I went and got tested as a result of regular testing and not because I had "symptoms". At this day and time, HIV is serious and will remain so but, when I see people make those type of statements and then ask YOu to tell THEM that they have it...WHY NOT JUST GO GET TESTED and be done with it...and THEN ask your questions. It's enough that millions of people have this but it makes it even worse to know that some people still (pardon the pun) "don't get it"..COme on people, lets get educated before making yourselves sound silly! How can one get educated and stop making it worse on themselves...? Besides, worrying makes anything seem worse than it is...! Good Luck

Thanks Optimistic future

Hello Optimistic Future,

Thank you for your comments. I couldn't agree more.

OK readers, here's Optimistic Future's simple and wise advice:

If you did it (unprotected sex), Then just do it (get HIV tested)!

MASTURBATION/CDC GOT ME CONFUSED
No Question just Kudos