Ohio Homophobes flock to the polls

Hi Dr. Bob, Just wanted to hope you recover from the devastating news that that moron got re-elected. I voted in Ohio yesterday, and punched my ticket for Kerry. The biblethumping homophobes were flocking to the polls like crazy, because of the gay marriage issue was on the ballot, Issue One. One slight ironic thing, is that most of these homophobes did not realize that this issue was not just about gay marriage but affected non-married straight couples in many ways, however the Issue on the ballot was phrased "Marriage is an institution between a man and a woman", vote yes or no. So in a way, although the raging homophobes got their way in denying me my rights, they are denying themselves some rights also, so a silent laughter for me. The whole state was a complete mess leading up to the election, here in Columbus, right wing bigots were handing out flyers to people, stating that democrats have to vote on Wednesday, and they posed the flyers as if they were from the Board of Elections. Self-proclaimed "christian" Bigot pastors and priests in other portions of the state were telling church persons to vote yes on issue one, and to vote for Bush. They were also rumors that people were going to be denied church services if they were found to vote against Bush. Our wonderful hatemonger pea-brain secretary of State Kenneth Blackwell, was running around churches around the state, and pushed for Issue one to be put on the ballot in time for the election, and spewed his hateful speech, by claiming at church ceremonies "Even the barnyard knows better". In my opinion someone like him belongs in the barnyard, because he's a piece of trash. And this idiot wants to run for governor one day? Separation of church and state? What a mockery of humanity. Anyways, keep up the great work you do around here, and thanks for all your help, I'm still trying to overcome my HIV fears, and doing better. Hilary in 2008 !!!!

Your Columbus Friend (and future canadian citizen) L

Hi L,

I spent eight years in Ohio four years at Oberlin College/Conservatory of Music (near Cleveland) and four more at the University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine. "Moral values" have been hijacked by the hate-mongers. Ultimately the good people of Ohio will realize that hate is not a moral value.

So where shall we spend the next four years? Vancouver? Toronto? Montreal? Quebec City? Paris?

Stay well!

Negative?
Dr. Bob made me vote for President Bush!!!