Help a fellow los altos guy please

Dear Dr. Bob, Hope all is well and you are doing great. I thank you on behalf of all of the people for the work you are doing. I made a stupid and i think very costly mistake now to date 3 months ago and i started having all sorts of issues ( mono like sypmtoms, pain in groin and neck area, skin burning on the legs,Insominia, thrush( that was quite bad and got better but not going away at all, my doctor says that trush started after i took a month worth of antibiotics for my prostitis now abouth amonth since i stopped the antibiotics). I got tested at 25 days, at 7 weeks and 101/2 weeks and it all came back negative. I have no started having pain in the back of my neck and dull pain in my head that has been with me for three days now. Today is exactly three months from the stupidity date. I am sure i have HIV even though i have teste negative at 10 1/2 weeks because of my Thrush and this neck pains.My quetsion after that long introduction is : i think i have CD4 under 250 due to the presistant trush and I think because of insomnia symptom, i have TNF Alfa risen and i am sure i have high CSF which can hurt my brain. I have to go to europe for work for ten days next week and i was going to wait for a next HIV test after Xmas. Do you think that is wise or i will do too much damage if i do not treat this fast? i thank you in advance Fellow resident.

Hi Fellow Los Altons,

Thrush, if still present, is due to your protracted course of antibiotics, not HIV and a CD4 less than 250!!!

Next, your insomnia is probably stress-related and definitely not due to elevated TNF alfa or "high CSF." Stress and anxiety are the only things bothering your brain.

Next, do I think you will do damage if you wait ten days? No, I do not. However, since you live right here in Los Altos, why not just get a rapid HIV test? The results would be ready in 20 minutes. Since it's been three months since your "mistake," the results should be accurate and definitive. I think Europe, even on a business trip, would be a lot more enjoyable without unfounded worries of inflammatory cytokines (TNF alfa) or phantom plummeting CD4 counts!

For any further questions, just stop me as I jog by with my pooch Presto on our way to the coffee shop. OK?

Stay well. Enjoy Europe!

Worried Husband NEEDS Advice!
Opinion if you could