Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree today.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree today."

I was told at the age of 11 by my teacher that Martin Luther is supposed to have said this, and since then I never forgot it.

From having read through a substantial amount of these archives, I admire a lot what you are doing Bob. Are you really this upbeat all the time? If so, where do you get the strength?

I have a question, I guess I just have to know, and have no others to talk to.

What happened was the following: I have been seeing a HIV+ woman. 6 weeks ago, we engaged in vaginal and anal protected intercourse. The protection was intact in the end, but when removing it, I might have touched first the outside of the condom, and then the tip of my penis.

After reading through the archives, I am still not able to comprehend if this carries important risk or not, as there are some divesity in the answers. (I think Dr. Ryan had some answers to this) Are there reported cases/assumed cases of transmission this way?

Do you think a test is necessary?

Otherwise, keep going strong!

I would say your HIV risk was essentially non-existent. No, there are no reported or documented cases of transmission via this route. Your world will definitely not go to pieces tomorrow. Enjoy watching your apple tree bear fruit!

My philosophy is simple:

Yesterday is done, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why they call it the "present."

Should you test? That's up to you. I do not see a level of risk that would warrant testing for diagnostic purposes, but testing might be the quickest way to calm your fears if they become bothersome or persistent. Good luck!

Four More Years, You are in my prayers
Worried Husband NEEDS Advice!