Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Thank you Dr. Rob
Nov 9, 2004

Dr. Rob,

I am the one who wrote you about possible viral meningitis == ARS. I went to my PCP and took the Eliza test on the 87th day (10/22). Also I went to the SF public health department for the Oraquick on the 92nd day (10/27) because I couldnt wait for the result. The results came out as you predicted. They all were negative. Though the test result at my PCP took more than a week (received on 11/1), it did scare me a little bit.

I would like to thank you for your advice, encouragement, and your humor. A donation of 25 dollars (company matches with the same amount) has been sent to your foundation and I have pledged that will do the same each month to help those who suffer from the disease.

Youre indeed a god-sent angle. I will come back from time to time and check how things are going with you. Dr. Rob, please continue your wonderful work and I wish you the very best, stay well.

Ex-worried Well Sy

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Sy,

Congratulations! Excellent news! WOO-HOO! I can certainly understand why this whole situation was frightening for you. I'm sure it's a great relief to have it all behind you now.

Sy, thank you for your generous gift and for arranging for the company matching gift as well. Each month the $50 combined gift could potentially save 82 lives by providing medications to HIV-positive pregnant women in Africa, or provide culture-specific HIV prevention information to at-risk communities, or finance a display of the AIDS Memorial Quilt at a high school, or provide a hot meal or other crucial services to those struggling to cope with the incredible challenges of HIV/AIDS. Each month, Sy, those whose lives have been touched by your generosity will be praising your name in thanks to the higher powers. Let me add my voice to theirs and personally say thank you for your compassion.

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Please HELP this desperate NY Paesan!
Next
TOOK YOUR ADVICE

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.