Glyconutrients fighting off HIV

Dear Dr. Bob, I found out 2 weeks ago that I'm HIV positive and have done nothing but research on alternative holistic measures on fighting HIV. I found information on glyconutrients and how they fight HIV. I'm wondering if you have any insight on this subject. P.S. I didn't know that there was a PEP that one could take after exposure, as I get alot of preminisions about things and 24 hrs after having unprotected anal sex I had a nightmare that a doctor was telling me I was HIV+, does that PEP really work, if so I guess I blew my chance at changing my destiny, however I'm doing everything in my power at the moment to stay healthy and try to combat this virus. Thanking you in advance...

PEP (post-exposure prophylaxis) does have a chance of blocking HIV transmission. To be effective, it should be started as soon as possible after the exposure and no later than 72 hours. Even under optimal conditions and with taking the drugs within the recommended 72 hours, there are documented PEP failures (me, for instance).

Nutrition is an important component of good health, including immune health. However, relying solely on glyconutrients or other holistic measures to combat HIV is not recommended. I would strongly suggest you consult a certified HIV specialist in your area for a complete evaluation and discussion of all treatment options. Certified HIV specialists can be found by contacting your local AIDS service organization or checking the American Academy of HIV Medicine Web site (www.aahivm.org) where the specialists are listed by location. I would also suggest you spend some time on this Web site and related links to learn more about HIV and recommended therapies. I applaud and encourage your efforts to learn as much as possible and to be intimately involved in your treatment decisions.

Oral with a twist - PLEASE HELP!
Second Hand Smoke and Sex?Can it be?