Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please reply this time (5): Dr Rob I am desprately waiting for your response (I am also sending donation..)
Nov 4, 2004

Hello Dr, Please reply to my question this time. I even know your answer, but I would like to hear from you.

I went to a massage parlor about 7 weeks ago. The girl gave me a full body message and then me lying on my back she got on top of me and humped (dry humping) on my gentals and bottom part of my penis for few minutes. My pernis never touched her. Then she put lotion on her hand and some spit (pretentded to spit on her hand) and gave me handjob.

I am very worried about HIV after reading lot of info on the internet. I have been perfectly fine (no flu..) since then. But, I am fighting with anxiety and on Paxil. I have told the situation to the doctor and other counsellor, they said don't worry about it. But my mind is going crazy. I am married and have a kid.

So, please reply to me based on your knowledge and experience that can HIV be spread like this.

Please reply, I am going to make donation to your site. You are doing a very great job. Thank you very much

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

If you already "know my answer," why are you making me type this?

OK, here ya go. No, HIV is not transmitted by handjobs or dry humping, as you describe.

You need to continue working with your counselor on your anxiety problem. If your "mind is going crazy," your current treatment obviously is not adequate. Since you mention you are married and have a kid, I can assume you are also having some problems with guilt. I'd suggest you bring a copy of this post to your counselor and discuss it with him/her. OK?

Thank you for your donation!

Feel better. Remember HIV is not your problem!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Real Risk - Please Respond - Transmission via parasite?
Next
Paranoid or reasonable?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.