Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

4th time asking a question

Nov 4, 2004

Dr Bob,

It has been a year since an exposure with a possible HIV positive girl, unprotected oral and partial 2 second unprotected vaginal insertion. I'm going to get tested in a few days at Southern Tier AIDS program (STAP) in Johnson City, New York. I am just worried whether or not they are a credible place to get tested. I am paranoid about getting infected from getting tested, that is if i don't already have HIV. Has anyone ever gotten infected from getting tested? My life has been crap since i found out this girl might have HIV. The only thing that keeps me sane is that i don't know whether or not i have anything, but there are so many people out there who DO know they have HIV. Don't take this as a suck up, i am straight as an arrow and you are one guapo mo fo.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Straight Arrow,

Yes, I'm sure STAP is a reliable place to get HIV tested. No, you cannot get infected form getting an HIV test. No, there are no cases of this happening. Yes, you are being paranoid.

Your HIV risk is low. All the odds are in your favor. Roll up your sleeve and get it over with already or this gay guapo mofo will have to come over and give straight arrow a swift kick in the butt.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
PLEASE FOR THE SAKE OF MY 4 YEAR OLD
Next
Thanks =o)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.