HIV OR SOMETHING ELSE PLEASE RESPOND WE ARE VERY WORRIED

DR Please give me a little reassurance. I had unprotected sex with a girl who I didn't know. Nearly two years ago now and I have swollen lymph nodes under my arms. They have been there for probably about 8 months now and the Dr. at the clinic on campus confirmed that it was nodes and not muscular. I was tested at 3,6,12, and 18 months all negative. I'm not sure what test it was but they drew blood and it took a week for me to recieve the results. My bride to be whom I've dated for a year and a half now also has swollen nodes under her arms. She was a virgin and we have been having sex for about a year now. The doctor here doesn't know what is causing this. We have both been faithful, can we rule out HIV!

Your response would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for you time

Worried #1 Worried #2

Hello Worried #1 and #2,

Repeatedly negative HIV tests out to 18 months are absolutely definitive. Whatever is causing your swollen nodes, one thing that's for certain: it's not HIV! If your "on campus" doctor is unable to diagnose your problem, you may need an off-campus second opinion. It is possible that your "swollen nodes" are normal.

Bottom line for Worried #1 and Worried #2: as far as HIV is concerned, you both should have "no worries!"

Stay well.

Looking foward to AIDS walk but still stressed
1st-Year Med Friend Says I Need PEP? Do I?