WOOOHOOOO Stress, Not HIV!!!

WOOOOHOOOOOOO! I have spent the last four days in sheer terror. I came down with my THIRD shingles attack in a year, and my doctor told me I needed to be tested for HIV. Like everyone else here, I began to panic, flipping through the mental rolodex of sexual encounters I have had. And there were lots, with more than a few unprotected. I'm heterosexual, but there have been some "group" situation where I was exposed. That part of my life ended about a year and a half ago when I met my current girlfriend (soon the be fiance!). But since I knew that I could have contracted HIV long ago, I really began to worry.

Well, I decided to just go and get tested this morning. Paid $100, got my result s in 20 of the longest most terrifying minutes of my life. ANd then, NEGATIVE! I have never been so grateful for anyting in my life, and I feel blessed to have a fresh start and a new outlook. I guess my shingles are due to incredible stress (of which there has been plenty this year).

I wish everyone here who is going though those terrifying moments the best of luck, and may you be as lucky as I was. THanks as well to this site for giving me some reassurance and a place to turn when I was so frightened.

WOO-HOO and congratulations on both your negative results and upcoming engagement! I'd suggest ratcheting the stress levels down a few notches. OK?

Stay well.

PEP or no?
thank you for answering, just donate