Hey Bob Just got back from Afghanistan?

Hey Bob! How's it going? I just got back from Afghanistan (the other country W forgot about). When I got back I slept with a friend of mine, and the condomn slipped off. I got sick, typical ARS symptoms. I went to the doctor about 6-8 weeks later. He did a blood test and he said I had mono. My gut says I should woo hoo. What do you think?

Welcome home!!!

So what do I think about your situation? Well, if the blood test confirmed you had mono, I'd say indeed you had mono. Unfortunately however, since you had an episode where the condom failed (slipped off), there is some potential HIV risk, and a mono test positive or negative doesn't give any information about HIV status. Certainly the odds would astronomically support your "gut" in suggesting a WOO-HOO is in order, but that can only be confirmed by having an HIV test three months or more after the potential exposure.

As for Dubya, what can I say? He could walk into a skyscraper, take the elevator, get off on the wrong floor and then blame the building for being confused. The guy needs to go back to Crawford.

Good luck (to us all!)

What I should know before I become sexually active.
HIV in lubricant gel