Used Anesthesia Needle Risk?!!!!!!

Thank you for taking the time to read this! Any advice from you is greatly appreciated.

My risk or concern is as follows. About 6 months ago I had an abnormal PAP smear with confirmed HPV. I was so upset, since I was a virgin before this experience and I never thought it would happen to me. My doctor had to perform a colposcopy and biopsy to determine the extent of the dysplasia. Before the procedure, the nurse came in and told me to turn around as she was going to take out the anesthesia needle from the drawer. She said that it would scare me and I should look away. Then I heard her say, "oh, this needs a new one". I think she was referring to the needle, but I don't know if she ever changed it, since everything happened so quickly. So my doc came in and performed the procedure with anesthesia on my cervix and did cryo a month later.

I decided to get an HIV test 2 months after my possible exposure since I'm in a new relationship. It came back negative. But then my paranoia and anxiety set in and I started reading about needle-exposures in dentists' offices. Such a bad idea!

1) Is there any risk that I could have contracted HIV from that anesthesia needle? Am I just being paranoid or are there cases of healthworkers forgetting to change needles? Why wouldn't they have just thrown the used needle in the sharps container after use?

2) My HIV- test was 8 weeks after this possible exposure. Should I be tested again at 3 or 6 months to be sure or is my risk non-existent? How good is a 2 month result(I know 3 mnths is conclusive, but is 2 months a good indication)?

Please help me, I'm driving all my loved ones insane. Everyone tells me my risk is non-existent, but I need to hear it from you. I've even considered calling the doctor to ask, but I'm sure they'll just put a little sign next to my name saying that i'm a loon.

I donated $50 a week ago, I know it's not much, but when I start earning the big bucks, I'll send more.

Kind Regards

Hoping my insanity is temporary

I agree with all those who have told you your risk is nonexistent. I sincerely hope this puts an immediate end to your temporary insanity.

Thank you for your donation! It's warmly appreciated.

Feel better and remember HIV is not your concern. As Tony Soprano would say, "Fuhgeddaboutit!"

Dr. Bob: Please stop fooling around, and answer hard questions
NeuroNucleosis, EBV, Angular Cheilits