Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Woo-Hoo from a Worried Well Canadian!
Oct 21, 2004

Hi Dr. Bob,

Well, just tested negative after four hellish months of indecision! To everyone reading this forum, PLEASE do not put yourself through the pain of internet self-diagnosis.

I had myself convinced that a doctor-diagnosed case of molluscum contagiosum (after shaving my genitals), diarrhea (upon return from spending a month in South America!), some acne on my forehead, and general malaise were a sure sign that I was positive. And to boot, my risk factors were protected insertive vaginal intercourse and unprotected oral with a couple of women. And then, when there was a delay at the lab, and it took four weeks instead of two to get my results, I was sure it was an omen of bad news.

The only light through all of this? You, Dr. Bob, and your informed, rational, and funny words of wisdom. When many official internet sources are listing oral as a significant risk activity, you gave me the straight goods and were one of the few things that actually spurred me to just go out and get tested.

A donation is on its way; the Canadian dollar is stacking up well against the American peso these days!

Thanks for your invaluable help and keep well!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Ex-WW Canadian,

Thanks for taking the time to write in and share your story and words of wisdom. Yes, the "pain of Internet self-diagnosis" is worse than being a diehard Yankee fan and getting your pin-striped butt kicked by a bunch of scruffy dudes wearing red socks.

Thank you for your donation! The higher powers are smiling on your generosity and compassion. On behalf of the folks who will be touched by your kindness, please accept my heartfelt thanks. WOO-HOO!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Woo Hoo !!!!!!!
Next
Permission to Woo Hoo please

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.