Woo-Hoo from a Worried Well Canadian!

Hi Dr. Bob,

Well, just tested negative after four hellish months of indecision! To everyone reading this forum, PLEASE do not put yourself through the pain of internet self-diagnosis.

I had myself convinced that a doctor-diagnosed case of molluscum contagiosum (after shaving my genitals), diarrhea (upon return from spending a month in South America!), some acne on my forehead, and general malaise were a sure sign that I was positive. And to boot, my risk factors were protected insertive vaginal intercourse and unprotected oral with a couple of women. And then, when there was a delay at the lab, and it took four weeks instead of two to get my results, I was sure it was an omen of bad news.

The only light through all of this? You, Dr. Bob, and your informed, rational, and funny words of wisdom. When many official internet sources are listing oral as a significant risk activity, you gave me the straight goods and were one of the few things that actually spurred me to just go out and get tested.

A donation is on its way; the Canadian dollar is stacking up well against the American peso these days!

Thanks for your invaluable help and keep well!

Hi Ex-WW Canadian,

Thanks for taking the time to write in and share your story and words of wisdom. Yes, the "pain of Internet self-diagnosis" is worse than being a diehard Yankee fan and getting your pin-striped butt kicked by a bunch of scruffy dudes wearing red socks.

Thank you for your donation! The higher powers are smiling on your generosity and compassion. On behalf of the folks who will be touched by your kindness, please accept my heartfelt thanks. WOO-HOO!

Woo Hoo !!!!!!!
Permission to Woo Hoo please