Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

hiv in pakistan
Oct 20, 2004

hi my name is zain and 19 years old from pakistan my question is regarding to hiv ihave many sex exposures with sexworkers but after 5 months itested my self they took my blood and put a drop of my blood on a strip which indicated i am hiv negative.but after 6 months i took an another rapid test they gaved me back the result in 15 minutes.but i was still worried.then on 7th month of my exposure to sex i took an another test which was an elisa test it was also negative.my question is do i need more tests.what are std do i need tests of them too.and tell me how is elisa test done and how is rapid test done.and a negative rapid test after 7 months how much accurate is it.and i will donate 200 dollars to your site tell me how to donate it

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Zain from Pakistan,

Your multiple negative HIV tests out to seven months following your possible exposure are definitive and conclusive.

There are multiple types of testing technologies available today. ELISA tests and rapid tests, such as OraQuick or SUDS, are tests to detect the presence of anti-HIV antibodies. Explaining the technical details of how these tests are performed is beyond the scope of this forum; however, I will say that both ELISA and FDA-approved rapid tests are extremely accurate and reliable.

As for other STDs, there are many possibilities herpes, syphilis, gonorrhea, NGU, genital warts, intestinal parasites, hepatitis, etc. If you are having any symptoms, Zain, your doctor can screen you for these if indicated.

Donation information can be found on the Foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org.

Stay safe, Zain, and you'll not only stay well, but you'll avoid future unnecessary worry as well!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Hopefully Third Time is a Charm!!!
Next
Stomach Bloating and Tranny Experience

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.