Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Hopefully Third Time is a Charm!!!
Oct 20, 2004

Hi. Dr. Bob. I think is safe to say that you have been my best friend for the past month ever since my possible exposure. I must admit, I read almost all the articles that you replied in this forum as other forums.

First of all, I would like to thank you personally whether this post is answered or not, I think you are a wonderful human being with a blessed heart. You are one the few people that I respected and the list is not long (about 4).

This is the third time I'm posting this. Well...the situation is this and I'm sure it is very similar to all questions you get. The story goes like this: I went to a "massage" parlor it turned out that I got more than a massage (sound similar rite??). Well I was greeted with a kiss on the lips, I know kissing is considered a casual contact and hiv should not be a issue but at that time, I had a sore in my mouth, my mouth was closed at the time but I felt some saliva on my upper lip.

After that we went to a private room and she gave me a handjob. Ohh...I forgot to mention this, prior to the handjob, there was some foreplay involved. She basically licked my whole body and by balls. (hehehe) I then notice that her lips or tounge touched my penis (maybe on the tip) I stoped her right away and refused the blowjob but decided to go head with handjob (unprotected). During the handjob I also touch her private area (didn't insert my finger in but touch it on the outside, and there was some vaginal fluid). I know it sound like an erotic (well not so erotic) story.

My questions are (assuming that she is hiv+):

Am I at risk, if so how great is the risk? Should I go get tested (it has been 1 month already)? Let say there was blood in here saliva, will a brief contact served as a significant risk? Is touching her private consider risky behavior?

Recently I developed symptoms like, post nasal drip and mild night sweat (3 days but not continuous and without fever)I went to a doctor and was diagnosed with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. My final queston is should I worry about these symptoms or the symptoms that I may have in the future.

Well, hopefully I'm the lucky one this time and I hope this post will help people who are in the same situation as me.

I know I made a mistake and have paid a very steep consequences.

Thanks you in advance Dr. Bob, I will try my best to donate as much as I can to your charity because I believe that if you help others, and then you are helping yourself. Wishing you and your family nothing the best in live Br

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Br.

Thank you for your very kind comments.

Post-traumatic Stress Syndrome from having your "whole body and balls" licked??? Gosh, if that's how you describe stress, I can't even imagine what one of your pleasurable experiences might entail!

Since your question is indeed similar to many I've already responded to (check the archives), I'll answer briefly:

1. Your HIV risk is extremely minimal.

2. Testing is up to you. All I can do is advise you on your level of risk. Testing for this type of minimal risk would be considered definitive at three months. The primary reason to test, in your case, would be to calm your fears.

3. No.

4. No.

Thank you for your willingness to make a donation to my foundation. I too believe that what you freely give to others is returned to you 1000 fold in good karma!

Stay well. Stop worrying. We're sending loads of good karma your way.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Really worry, please help!!!
Next
hiv in pakistan

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.