yellow fever and typhoid vaccines
Oct 19, 2004
hey dr. Bob. would typhoid or yellow fever or anyother vaccines interfere with an hiv test. thank you so much :)
Response from Dr. Frascino
Nope! Vaccines can transiently increase HIV viral loads, but have no effect on HIV antibody tests, the ability of the body to make anti-HIV antibodies, or the duration of the window period.
One word of caution to remember: HIV-positive folks should not receive "live virus" vaccines, such as Yellow Fever.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bloody Nose After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Blood Got Into Nose HIV Risk
- Can Hiv Be Transmitted From A Pin?
- Can You Think You Have Mono And Really Have Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.