One in a Million I know but Please answer-VIBRATORS

Mr. Frascino,

My name is Heather and I am 18 years old. I live in a small town in Utah and word gets around so I can't really call my doctor. Anyway, my friend and I got her mom's vibrtor out of a drawer in her bed and I used it. The websight says that you can get AIDS by sharing toys. Her mom is pretty wild and sleeps around a lot. I am scared that I might get AIDS from her. The confidential testing people said I could test using special tests at 8 weeks and be for sure but it is 375.00. The lady didn't think that I should even get a test but she said this test would tell me without a doubt. Should I get tested? Would it really be for sure? Thanks a MILLION!

Heather

Hi Heather,

No, I would not recommend you spend any money (let alone $375!) on HIV testing. HIV does not survive very long at all outside the body. Consequently, your HIV risk is essentially nonexistent. For the record, however, I still don't recommend using other peoples' sex toys, OK?

Hope this calms your fears, Heather.

Stay well.

Out of body experience - woo-hoo
needle stick injury-need help