If you think you have HIV...

I went for an HIV test a couple of weeks ago. I was sure that I would turn up positive. I had swollen lymph nodes and felt terrible. After the test I went into the worst bout of depression, thinking I had HIV, or even worse, AIDS. I would stare at my tongue in the mirror for hours a day. I had gone from having Oral Hairy Leukoplakia, to thrush. I was scratching my tongue at part to scrape of what I thought was either OHL or thrush (btw, if you know what OHL is without thinking about it, you need to get off the internet). I ended up making my tongue sore and now I was sure I had thrush. I get canker sores all the time, but now I was sure that these canker sores were a symptom of HIV (when they were most likely a product of the neverending stress I was going through thinking I had HIV). I couldn't function. I couldn't focus on my studies nor could I even casually hang out with friends. I was dying, and would have to tell my parents and everybody. I would have to drop out of school. My whole life was finished. I spent hours, upon hours of time on the internet. I wanted to die because I didn't want to have HIV. But now, I can finally tell my story, as I've been longing to do so for so long and give an enthusiastic WOOHOO! If you have intense worries about having HIV, the internet will make you much, much, much, MUCH worse. I know first hand. I got my test results back, and they were all negative, and I am extremely greatful. I'm now thinking of going into the medical field to help the fight against HIV/AIDS.

And to you Dr. Bob: Thank you for your intellegent replies, and you're devotion to us hypochondriacs out in cyberland. It was your site alone that gave me a shred of hope at the worst of times. Thank you. And: WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!

Hi Cyberland Ex-Hypochondriac,

Thank you for taking the time to write in and share your experience. And for those of you who do know what "OHL" stands for, how about this one "CHAOS" (give up?... it's Chronic-Hurts-All-Over Syndrome)!

WOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOO Cyber Ex-Hypochondriacal Guy!!!

You are now formally part of our rapidly growing X-Files (X-Worried Wells)! Welcome to the club!

Stay well.

French guy concerned about Hiv 1, Hiv 2, sub-type O...???
I think I am going crazy, can you help!!!