Oct 16, 2004
PLease Doc Bob response to one of my pleas
Ok so i know this is the 24th (or is it 25th attempt). I hope you are not replying as you consider my question to be a non event.
1) Pro gave me a hand job after fingering herself. This has devastated me as i believe i have contracted the virus. Please what is the real risk of this activity? What are the odds i would have contracted it from this. 2) Can any comfort be drawn from a one month test. I remember reading a post by Ryan that said most people showed positive within the first month. This coupled with the fact that our blood people in SA say the window period is 2 - 3 weeks should mean that surely i can take some comfort from a one month test (if negative). What is you opinion. How many people actually do show positive in that first month? the majority?
Doctor Bob i really hope you are getting these and that mt persistence pays off. I really would like to be able to give my Wife a straight answer and show her your reply and she is also very nervous. Yes i was honest and told her. Wasn't easy but i agree it was the right thing to do as now i hvae not place her or the kids at risk. Hopefully i am negative and if not i hope she is able to get over it and stick with me.
Sorry one last question. We have decided only to do oral sex (me on her) while i wait the 3 months. Is this safe for her?
Response from Dr. Frascino
Alright already, I'll answer!!!
1. Your HIV transmission risk is essentially nonexistent, which you could have learned form checking the archives prior to submitting your 25 questions!
2. "Most" folks infected with HIV do have a positive test by week four; however, results are not considered definitive until three months.
3. You are going to "do oral sex while you wait the three months?" A three-month-long canyon yodel? Hmmm, well I suppose that's one way to pass the time. Your wife is one lucky lady! Yes, I consider that to be safe, but do come up for air and food occasionally, OK?
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Vaginal Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Someone Get Std If They Get Fingered?
- How Long After Sex Do Symptoms Of A Std Occur?
- Can Hiv Be Transmitted From A Pin?
- Can You Infect Someone With HIV Days After You Are Infected?
- How Long Does Hiv Live In Semen?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.