Quick question, please answer only take a sec.
Oct 16, 2004
Awesome site!!!!!! thanks for taking so much time and effort, i've been reviewing the Q & A and have come across similiar situation as mine and is helping me cope with the tension and stress of a stupid mistake. On to my quick question, in short made the worst decision of my life and ended up having unprotected sex with a sex worker. I'm a male the sex worker a female, no oral or anal sex strickly vaginal intercourse, I had sex with her for 30 min., I never came. From what i understand assuming she is hiv+ i stand a chance of .03 to .09 to getting infected. When you say .03 to .09 is it 3 to 9 cases out of 100 or 3 to 9 cases out of 1000? thanks for your time and again the site is fantastic, i will get tested but its only been a couple days although it feels like a couple months. Also i will be donating to help to support. Thanks and look forward to your response. Also one last quick question for the situation i describe would your recommend PEP or is that being way to paronoid? Thanks
Response from Dr. Frascino
1. 0.03% to 0.09% is three to nine per 10,000.
2. PEP would not be recommended for your type of exposure unprotected insertive vaginal sex with a woman of unknown serostatus.
3. Thank you for your generous support of my foundation. We think you are awesome as well!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Loose Stool Worried It Could Be Ars
- Swollen Lymph Nodes Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Dry Cough After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Touching Dried Blood Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.