Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I put my fear to WORK!
Oct 8, 2004

After analyzing my irrational fear of HIV, I realized I needed to make some changes in my life. I owe you many thanks for your kindness, warmth and generosity that you so easily display and share with so many others. SO, assuming my fear, as well as many others, revolved around the feeling I would be somehow judged or left alone to die if I had HIV, I decided to volunteer at a local HIV organization. I initially started by asking to donate one day a week for simple tasks(taking people where they needed to go on the weekends or picking up things from the store someone may need). Although I am a nurse and find my work of the last 14 years rewarding, it is nothing in comparison to a little generosity given without wanting anything in return. I am now donating more of my time and taking a testing and counseling course at the local board of health. This journey is one I wouldn't have taken without going thru the fear of HIV and having the pleasure of meeting such wonderful people, like yourself. Thanks for the inspiration and the hand to hold onto while I was lifting myself up. May God bless you always. I say the cure to fighting this fear of HIV, is help someone else out who hasn't been as fortutnate as those with 25 negative tests!!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to share your story. Helping others who are less fortunate than ourselves is an excellent way to keep our own "problems" in perspective.

I hope others will follow your lead!

On behalf of the many needy folks who have been touched by your kindness, please accept my heartfelt thanks.

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
i am worry should i be
Next
Woohoo Woohoo Wooho

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.