Please Help, I cant stop crying!!!

Dr. Bob,

Ive been reading your posts now for about 4 months everyday. You are definetly a saint with all the help you give. My situation was unprotected vaginal with a girl of unknown status along with some noshing at the Y. I know symptoms mean nothing but I have just not felt right since than it is past four months and it feels like someone has punched me in my muscles, my legs and forearms and my ass. I had tested at 6 weeks with pcr dna and elisa. I did another test a little over 16 weeks again pcr dna and antibody,both were negative. Someone told me that the dna only looks for subtype B. I dont understand all the subtype talk. I am married and have been using protection with my wife ever since the incident in the beggining of June. My wife wants me to stop using protection because she believes I am negative. I am to scared to stop just incase the test was wrong. At this point even though I have muscle pain , dizziness sometimes , and just not feeling well, can I trust my results and move on with my life or should I test again at 6 months to make sure. I hope you say I can Wooo hooo now, I cant take much more of this. I plan on making a donation to your fund and I hope many others do as well and help the people that really need it.

Negative tests out to 16 weeks and a wife who understands the whole situation and believes you are negative, and you can't stop crying??? You should be crying with extreme joy and thankfulness that you have dodged the bullet! Over 40 million others worldwide were not so lucky and would love to switch places with you.

If you've been reading my posts daily for four months and know that symptoms are not a reliable indicator of HIV disease, why are you continuing to focus on yours? You probably also know that repeatedly negative ELISA testing out to 16 weeks is definitive and conclusive, and that I don't recommend PCR testing for routine HIV screening.

If you have muscle pain and dizziness, see your doctor for an evaluation. If no physical cause can be found for your symptoms, you should consider a psychological cause and ask for a referral for counseling. Persistent crying despite nothing but good news would indicate you have an irrational fear of HIV disease that is leading to depression and anxiety. Both of these conditions are very real and treatable.

Should you be WOO-HOO-ing instead of BOO-HOO-ing?? Abso-frickin'-lutely!!

Thank you for your willingness to make a donation to my foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). Your gift is urgently needed and warmly appreciated.

Feel better very soon!

Stupid strip club!
While my guitar gently weeps