Worried Well in 3 Episodes of HIV Exposure

Dr. Bob,

First of all, its such my great happiness to know you in this reputable site. You are like my angel I am in Canada and extremely worried about having contracted my exposure from a known HIV-infected man. He told me one day after and I completely freaked out! Here are the episodes:

Episode 1: French kissingvery long, intense and vigorous open mouth kissing. At that time, I had a canker sore in my tongue. Also, I recalled that during the morning, my saliva is visibly bloody but I dont think I bleed when I kissed the HIV-infected guy. My last tooth brushings before I kissed the guy was approximately 30 minutes. We were both drinking bottles of beer during the whole duration of our kissing. Also, I recalled that I have bitten his tongue but I dont think it bleeds. I was concern that because of the beer we were drinking, I can no longer taste the blood if there was any blood present in his saliva or mouth.

Episode 2. I licked and bite a bit his nipples. I was terrified that maybe I broke his nipples causing the blood to spill over my mouth.

Episode 3. Before I left and after the kissing session, I took time to see his swelling cock with lots of precum. I just rubbed it gently with his many precum in my hand. Not masturbation though. I am terrified again that maybe at that time I had cuts in my finger that could allow the HIV from pre-cum get into my system. But, I dont think I had a cut. By the way, most of the times, I cut my fingernails very short and cuticles became irritated. Could that be a risk factor? But I dont know any problem of my finger at that time.

Dr. Bob, I could be the happiest guy in the world if you answered these questions: Are all the 3 episodes I mentioned put me at risk for HIV infection? I am completely paranoid now and my fear interferes my daily activities and interpersonal relationships. Was PEP warranted to my exposure? I have tested negative at ELISA 40 days after the incident and my HIV Viral load test is pending for the moment and I am waiting for the result. Is there a need for me to take antibody test after 3 months? Please help Dr. Bob.

I know that there are some incidences that are slightly similar to mine but please consider this one peculiar to me.

Also Dr. Bob, I would like to donate in your foundation. Can I do it in Canadian dollars? If yes, please tell me how.

Dr. Bob, Canada loves you.

Mr. Super-Stressed and Well-Depressed in Canada

Hello Super-Stressed, Well-Depressed Canook,

Your HIV risk from the three episodes you describe is essentially nonexistent. PEP was definitely NOT warranted. Your 40-day negative ELISA is very encouraging, but HIV tests are not considered definitive until three months following the potential exposure. As for HIV viral load testing, this is not recommended for routine HIV screening, due to the rate of false-positive tests among other reasons.

Regarding episode one, I'll just mention that as the song goes, "A kiss is just a kiss . . . as times goes by." And I agree.

Regarding episode two, if you "broke his nipples causing blood to spill over your mouth," I'm sure your partner would have let you know. Oucha-ma-goucha!

As for episode three, "rubbing his swelling cock with his many precum in your hand" does indeed qualify as masturbation. However, it's important to note that masturbation is not a risk factor for HIV transmission. Short cuticles are also not a problem.

Finally, I've just got to wonder how this whole evening ended up. You lip locked and played French tonsil hockey, bit his tongue, licked and bit his nipples, and "took time to see his swelling cock with lots of precum," rubbing it gently . . . and then you left??? Didn't you even let the guy pop his cork??? When you left, was he singing that old Donna Summer disco hit, "Don't Leave Me This Way?"

Mr. Super-Stressed, Well-Depressed, I see no real reason for stress or excessive worry. All the odds are astronomically in your favor, well that is all the odds except those that you'll be invited out for a second date with Mr. Blue Balls. But as far as HIV is concerned, I'm quite convinced things will work out fine for you. Yes, take you three-month test, and don't forget to yell WOO-HOO when your final negative test result comes in.

Thanks for your willingness to make a donation to my foundation. Yes, Canadian Dollars are fine. Donations can be made by sending a check or money order, by credit card, and also by direct wire transfer from your bank. Donation details can be found on the Foundation's website at www.concertedeffort.org.

So Mr. Super-Stressed and Well-Depressed, I'm quite confident you'll soon be able to shorten your name to Mr. Super-Well.

Stay super well Super-Well!

Negative, thanks but no wohooo - Please read this
4 month nightmare from Hell now over!!! Post for Worried Wells!!!!