Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HAVE to CLONE Dr Bob! No other ch
Sep 26, 2004

I've asked and begged to no avail. I still remain ignored. Ok i've no reason to demand a reply cos it's easy to see how busy the good Dr probably is. But, seeing as the good Dr is the hearthrob of many and a delight to those he does not ignore, i feel reassured that if there could be more of him to go around, i'd get a reply - hopefully sometime before i jump off a stool.

So, here goes me with yet another attempt!

Dr Bob. I have had just ONE encounter last month with a prostitute and she sucked me bareback after which i humped her USING a condom. As far as i know the condom did NOT break. I could be wrong, but i doubt it.

A few days later i experienced the "drip". My Dr said it was Gonorrhea and took a swab and a mid stream urine sample. He gave me an injection and a tablet immediately and started me on a week's course of doxycilin or something like that. Two days later the drip stopped and a week later my results arrived proclaiming that i had just N. Gonorrhea (the simple type). Dr gave me another week's course of the same capsules and i feel fine.

Alas, fear persists after much googling that Gonorrhea and HIV could have hit me at the same time.

I have been a nervous wreck since then. Should i be, Dr? Should i?

Worried in Hong Kong!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Hong Kong Worrier,

Do you really think a little cheap flattery will get me to answer??? Hmmmm well, I guess you're right. Actually, I was "ignoring" your question, hoping that you would check the archives, because I have already addressed concerns exactly like yours several times before! So step away from the stool and listen up.

Some STDs, like gonorrhea, chlamydia, NGU, syphilis, and herpes, are easy to transmit through oral sex. HIV, however, is not easy to get from any kind of oral sex. That you contracted the "drip" after being sucked "bareback" (shouldn't that be "barefront?") does not mean you have automatically contracted HIV. Should you be a nervous wreck? No, you should just get tested in three months -- and in the meantime throw the stool and rope in the dumpster. You should also take a careful read through the archives.

Good luck!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Welcome back
Next
Dear St. Bob the Doctor

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.