I Really Need to Know! Please Reply.

Hey Dr. Bob. I have a question. Its been about maybe 4 months since my last sexual encounter and that was giving oral sex to a girlfriends at the time that went for about maybe 6 mins Tops! and she said that she had a HIV test and it came back negative (giveing that it was true and she waited long enough to have one) and over the summer months I lost 10 to 15 pounds which I have started getting back recently (Does that happen with aids?) and I have just within the last month or so that I can remember have started having (Loose stools) and just started having Diarrhea today. I have read the other post and I understand that I'm at low-risk. But read that these were symptoms and are these strong sympotms of HIV infection or are they only symptoms of AIDS?. Last I just gave blood today so if anything is wrong like aids or hiv how long will it take for me find out from the Red Cross and do I have any reason to worry that I'm sick with AIDS or HIV. Thanks for your time and I love the website, Its really helpful and I'll be hoping for a reply from you Thanks P.S. I would like to make a donation for those in this awful position can I use my Debt card to do it? Please let me know Thanks Again "Wondering In Michigan"

Hello Wondering in Michigan,

You are correct that oral sex carries only a low risk for HIV transmission. Symptoms, no matter what they are, are notoriously unreliable in predicting whether or not someone is HIV positive. The simple rule is that if you have placed yourself at risk, you need to be tested three months or more after the potential exposure, whether you have symptoms or not.

Now I have a question for you. If you were concerned you might be HIV positive, why did you donate blood? I certainly hope that wasn't done just to find out if you might be HIV positive or not. That would be unconscionable!

Thank you for your willingness to make a donation to my foundation. Donation information can be found on the Foundation's website at www.concertedeffort.org. The Foundation accepts checks, money orders, credit cards, and direct wire transfers.

Stay well.

how can we help fight
Military Testing and unapproved home testing