Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please answer..........4th time from India........ASAP!
Sep 24, 2004

hi

dr robert i come from india and since there is high prevelance of hiv/aids in our country i just wanted to ask is there something called as "safe sex" with prostitues i wouldnt be worried in usual circumstances,but after my fathers death has i worry alot,fear has gripped over dunno why i fear about small things which i didnt when he was alive? i mean i can understand safe sex with a friend,a unknown person but with a prostitute?? i had 2 such experiences after which i worried that i had hiv,infact i used CONDOMS on both ocassions(the penis head was covered and my spunk collected in the saggy bag) so i guess there should'nt be any doubts in my mind but still they persist! you and dr.steve are an example for people who doubt condoms(since you being positive and steve being negative) but still?? does my exposure demand hiv testing dr.bob? i am marrying in about 2 months from now!

take care

you are AWESOME!

god bless

harish

ps:when are you coming to india?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Harish,

"Safer Sex" applies to everyone from prostitutes to nuns! If you used a latex condom properly and it did not break, your risk of HIV would be essentially nonexistent. HIV cannot pass through intact latex; however, if you remain worried, get tested. It may be the most efficient way to put an end to those persistent doubts.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I don't have any imminent travel plans to visit India, but I'm sure I'll get there one of these fine days!

Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
permission de woo-ooer ?
Next
New Urethra (Pee Hole) Question!!!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.