Inconclusive test

ok.this is the story. i decided to test for hiv exactly 3 months and 1 week after having protected vaginal sex but unprotected oral sex ( with no ejaculation )with someone i barely knew...they told me that the tests would be in, in 2 weeks. i was so anxious that i decided to take a quick test in mexico,6 days after the first test, given the fact that i live in the border. the test i took in mexico was inconclusive...it took about 2 hrs. the following day i got my results from the first test and the results were negative. now my question is...why would the second test come out inconclusive (the one i took in mexico?

You are wondering which test to believe? Hello??? The Tijuana quickie is certainly the one to suspect. Why would it be inconclusive? Well, there are all sorts of reasons, including:

1. non-FDA approved testing method

2. technical error

3. clerical error

4. It's Mexico!

Relax border-guy, your risk was very low and your legitimate three-month test is negative. In my opinion, you're HIV negative. Also, if anyone wants you to buy a new Rolex watch for three dollars south of the border, I'd think twice about that too.

Stay well.

Woo hoo? Maybe?
Stupid of me???