Dr. Bob, what about you? (part II)

Hello again Dr. Bob,

Thank you so much for responding to my previous email concerning your current condition. It always good talking to you. By the way, I happen to like cross-dressing and New York city. But that's about it as far as the GOP goes.

It's that time of year at work when we have money drawn from our paychecks to donate to the united way. We pick a charity to send the donation to. I want to send the donation this year to your foundation. How do I go about doing that? I've donated before, (twice in fact) you might remember. But now I think I want to help on a somewhat larger scale. Please let me know how to go about a paycheck withdrawal donation.

Also, I have been praying for you and for your work. I pray that GOD grants you longevity and happiness with Steve. (He is soooooooooooo cute and sounds very loving)

I have one question that arouses my curiosity. What is your opinion of the idea that pharmaceutical companies are NOT really trying to find cures for cancer and HIV because the money is in the research and treatment?

Talk to you soon

Your caring friend William

PS Cincinnati sends you the best of karma. we love you Dr. Bob

I, too, adore New York City. I'm sure the big apple is relieved the GOP has gone. Hopefully Dubya will be gone from the white house soon, as well!

Regarding donations, my foundation has received donations via the United Way program from various individuals. I believe there is a form you have to fill out to make your wishes known to your employer and the United Way program. You'll need to provide this information:

The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation 779 Altos Oaks Dr., Suite 200 Los Altos, CA 94024 Tax ID# 77-0517376

If you have any questions, feel free to contact the Foundation. You may e-mail the Foundation at its website at www.concertedeffort.org or you may call the Foundation's office at 650-917-1357.

Regarding pharmaceutical companies not really trying to find a cure for cancer and HIV, I don't really believe that. With HIV, for instance, there are over 40 million people infected worldwide. Can you imagine what financial profits would ensue from finding the "cure?" Far more than research and development profits, I can assure you. Certainly the cure, or at least better treatments, could come more quickly if there were more emphasis placed on this global tragedy. But unfortunately, the world is distracted fighting "holy wars," while HIV, a real terror, claims another life every 10 seconds.

William, please accept my sincere thanks for your generosity and compassion. Please send Cincinnati my very best. I spent four years there during medical school. I assume the city is still crazy for chili?

Stay well.

Kerry is the shizzle!! please read
KS Question