Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

LOOGIE GUY SAYS WOOHOO, MESSAGE TO WORRIED WELLS
Sep 11, 2004

Hi Dr. Bob.

Well you were right, my exposure to saliva and vaginal fluids on a cut was non-exsistent. I just got my negative results yesterday. WOO HOO.

Thanks for being there Dr. Bob, you truely are a great person. If I never meet you in this life, I know ill see you in heaven. You help so much people and are very patient. I remeber sending you an email and i was crazy in it. I dont blame you for not getting back.

Now for all you worried wells. I had so many symptoms. 1. headache 2. swollen glands 3. Night sweats 4. rashes 5.diareah 6. and a wicked fever

All of this started after what i thought was a definite exposure, but guess what , the mind is very powerful, very powerful. The best thing to do is get tested and dont rely on your symptoms.

For all the people lucky enough to dodge the AIDS bullit, its an oppurtunity to take a look at your life and change. But its all up to you. I know ill be making some changes in my behavior.

And one more question for you DR.Bob, Does water soluble mean water based. Im guessing it does.

Anyways thanks for your time and compassion Dr.Bob.

You will be in my prayers and God Bless You.

Thanks a million, Loogie guy

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Loogie-Guy!

Woo-de-loogie-hoo! It's about time. I've been waiting for your good news.

Yes, water-soluble and water-based mean the same thing when referring to lubricants. They are either water- or oil-based. Remember to use the water-based ones with latex condoms!

Stay well, Loogie-Guy!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Scared and confused puppy
Next
Can pregnancy cause a false NEGATIVE result?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.