Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Thank You Again Dr. Bob...
Sep 11, 2004

Dear Dr. Bob,

I guess this is a kind of a cross between a thank you note and a fan letter. I hope that you don't mind me writing...

There is not a day that passes that I do not think of you and how you have affected my life. Your example of how you courageously live your life in light of your possession of the most horrible disease in the world, HIV, is remarkable.

Yes I was lucky that I did not contract HIV earlier this year, but that is not the reason for this note. Your life, reflected through your contributions, and replies on "TheBody" website, and your AIDS foundation, has given hope to so many. I am but one.

You and I have never met in person, but I just wanted you to know that you are one of my specials "Heroes" in life, and that you are genuinely loved. I call friends such as yourself, "Good Angels". Perhaps someday, we will meet in person. But even though we may not ever "hug" one another in " the flesh" (so to speak), there are those of us (myself included) that care about you Dr. Bob, and how you are getting along.

You have given many of us hope through your life, and your example of "real living".

"Real Living" is not a physical thing, but something that never dies. You have also given us part of yourself as well, in the form your patient and caring replies in this forum.

Thank you also for your AIDS foundation, and the care that is dispensed without charge.

No, Dr. Bob, you are not the luckiest man alive, we are, and it is because of people such as yourself. Of course being Italian, doesn't hurt either, does it...?

With Deepest Sincerity,

Tom

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Tom,

Me a "good angel" and "hero?" hmmm, actually, I'd probably make a better "li'l devil" and "trusted friend." But thank you for your extremely kind remarks. Consider yourself cyber-hugged! If you want an "in the flesh" experience, you'll have to come to Paris. I'm on my way there this weekend. Maybe we can meet at one of those ever trendy corner cafes perhaps the Open Café. We'll spend the afternoon together and do "The Da Vinci Code" Tour! Yes, Tom, it is indeed wonderful "just to be alive," and I totally agree being Italian just makes it all the better!

Stay well, my friend.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Symptoms of Infection ?
Next
You Are a Saint

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.