Still, freaked out Canuck

Dr. Bob,

I've have posted my question on Aug,16 but am still concerned, anyhow.

Let me explain my story. On Jun 4th I had sex my an escort. That night we had sex and I used a condom, we also participated in a 69er without condom. I may have also rimmed her ass during the 69er. Prior to the sex I don't think the escort showered before the session.

After that session I got dress and went to a massage palour, had a session in the Hot Tub followed again with another 69er.

Anyhow to continue on with my story.

A couple days later I began sweating in bed and woke up with swollen lymph nodes in the throat and a white tongue. This also followed with pains in the legs and arms (but stronger on the right side). I went down to the local walkin clinic and explained my situation and got tested for STDs and Hiv. This test was done about a week after June 4th. The STD test came back negative. I went to my family Doctor and explained the situation and basically said I'd have to wait 3 weeks for the results. The test came back negative for HIV. During that 3 week period I ended up going to Niagra Falls on a trip but started to experience an anxiety attack to the point that I was considering suicide. also felt pain in the arms and legs. I returned to my family Doctor and explained the situation and he put me on a lower cohlestrol diet since my LDL is to high and prescribe Pennicillin V. As for testing He basically said he won't test until 6 months since I'm low risk.

Almost 6 weeks have passed and I'm still experiencing pain in the legs, my skin continously itchy expecialy my back,dirreah,excessive gas, acid reflux,white tongue, bad nightmares,fatigue (I'm falling asleep on the sofa before my regular sleep time) and my troath gets sore and glands swells up, difficulty swallowing,itchy burning back,constant cough, red spots on my body that appear and disappear.

This is freaking me out completely since I noticed things that I never cared about. I noticed that I mark easier whenever I lean agains something. I contacted both girls and asked about their status and they both told me that in their field of work they have to get tested regularly. I also know some good swamp land for sale in Florida.

I spoke to both Doctors and they refuse to test me prior to 6 months. My Family Doctor thinks that the white mouth is my bad oral hygiene and just tells to bush frequently and that will go away on its own. While the Doctor from the Walk in Clinic uses a flashlight from 2 feet away when looking down my throat, which is somewhat distrubing.

3 months have passed and I'm still experiencing lymph nodes swelling in my neck, constant skin itching (stronger on my back), and a constant cough - like a cold.

My questions are as follows: Do think that the symptoms I'm experiencing are suggestive of Hiv.

Would the 3 month test be conclusive in my case?

The itching is driving me crazy is this something to do with my immunity,I also feel that my right lymph node is more swollen then the left side. Could it be that I caused more damage to right side and is this possible?

Do you know perhaps of some cream I could buy to help stop the itching?

The three month period has ended, and I will get tested. I'll let you know the results after being test. I'm praying for a negative test but all these symptoms are scaring the hell out of me.

I'll send a 2nd donation your way. I highly respect your opinions.

You're the greatest. thanks, Doc.

Hi Still Freaked-Out Canuck,

Assuming you used a latex or polyurethane condom properly and it did not fail you, your HIV risk would be limited to oral sex. Oral sex carries a very low risk for HIV transmission. So I agree with your doctors on that point. However, if you were having "anxiety attaches to the point you were considering suicide," I'm not sure the treatment of choice is a low-cholesterol diet and penicillin!!! What the hell were they thinking? There is no doubt you are having significant problems with anxiety, which, by the way, could account for many, if not all, of your symptoms, including the fact you "notice things that you never cared about!" That said, I'll briefly respond to your specific questions:

1. Your symptoms are not suggestive of HIV. They are, however, quite classic for anxiety.

2. Yes, I would consider a three-month test for you to be definitive.

3. No, I don't believe your itching problem is related to your immunity. If you are itchy, see a dermatologist.

4. No, HIV does not take sides right or left.

5. I wouldn't recommend a cream without knowing what was causing the itch! See a dermatologist.

My advice to you is simple:

1. Take a three-month HIV test. The odds are astronomically in your favor that you'll be HIV negative.

2. Get some counseling for your anxiety. It's a real illness that causes real symptoms and requires real treatment!

Thank you for your donation and willingness to help others. It's warmly appreciated.

Feel better, Canuck. I believe "freak-out" time should now over!

I have enough stress with hurricane, please answer.
new respect for you