I have enough stress with hurricane, please answer.

Bob, First I have the HIV scare and now I have to find someone to put plywood over my windows, AGAIN!!!

Your forum has helped me through alot of the stress, but some of my other lab tests have me worried.

I had unprotected, receptive vaginal intercourse. I had a negative home access test at 13 weeks and a negative ELISA at the doctors at 20 weeks. What has me concerned is that I had a low WBC (3.8) and low platelets (138, normal 140). Does this mean my immune system is compromised and I still may turn positive? Could I have these tests results as a result of 20 weeks of SEVERE stress??

Thanks Dr. Bob. PS I donated.

A minimally low WBC and platelet count does not mean anything is wrong with your immune system, nor does it have anything to do with your definitively negative HIV tests. Your negative antibody tests out to 20 weeks are conclusive. You are HIV negative. Regarding the slightly low WBC and platelet count, I would merely suggest you repeat your CBC (complete blood count). There's an excellent chance your values will normalize spontaneously. I can't speculate on the cause of the slightly low counts without additional information. But I can tell you that neither a WBC count of 3.8 nor a platelet count of 138 is at all worrisome.

Now turn off the computer, board up the windows and get the hell out of there. Frances is on his (or is it her) way!

Thank you for your donation. We are sending you and all Floridians our best karma for Frances to blow itself out and cause no damage.

Re: High Risk Exposure
Still, freaked out Canuck