Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

WHOOO HOOO now what?
Sep 3, 2004

Dr. Bob, I went to the clinic and got a negative on my 84th day. I still get dizzy, have nausea, and muscle aches , I get really warm and feel strange. My question is can I now trust my results and have unprotected sex with my wife? On a test I did at 9 weeks I got scared the counselor might have used a contaminated lancet. I know this is irrational, but these are the tricks my mind has been playing on me. I talked to the counselor and he assured me even if he used it twice the needle is small and not hollow, so it really wouldnt infect me because it would have been in the enviroment for too long, such a small amount of blood. Is that true? And can I feel secure about having sex without protection? I am sending 100 dollars for the needy because I want to not for a response. I do hope you respond soon though. incase you need the exposure it was unprotected vaginal from a stripper.

Thank you Gary

P.s. you are the best no matter what anyone else says.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Gary,

"WOO-HOO now what?" I'd say now comes the happily ever after part!

I would agree your negative 84-day test is definitive and conclusive. I also agree you cannot contract HIV by getting an HIV test and that your fears of a contaminated lancet are irrational.

The bottom line, Gary, is that you are HIV negative. If you have difficulty accepting your negative status, you may need some counseling to help you accept this reality. There may be some underlying guilt or anxiety problems that you need to address.

Thank you for your very generous donation. Your one gift will touch many lives in a very meaningful way.

Stay well, Gary.

Dr. Bob

Previous
symptoms in 5 hours? Possible?
Next
HEY DR. BOB! YOU ARE THE ONLYON WHO SEEMS TO CARE AND UNDERSTAND

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.