Still hoping you will help

Dear Dr Bob

This is my sixth time of asking and I appreciate how busy you are and what a fantastic job you do but still hope you will advise me. I received unprotected anal rimming from a sex worker recently, who was an iv drug user. Three days later I began to get an upset stomach and over the next few days I became feverous and developed a headache. These symptoms have now continued for twelve days since first beginning. Am I at risk of HIV and are these ARS sypmtoms?

By the way I have found the answers to some of the subsidiary questions I have previously asked you in the archives. Thank you and all the contributing doctors for running such a fantastic service. Please answer as I am really getting depressed with the worry over this

There have been no recorded cases of getting HIV from rimming or getting rimmed. However, other STDs, including hepatitis A, intestinal parasites, and herpes can be easily passed through rimming without a barrier. If you are having persistent symptoms, have your doctor check you out, even though HIV is not the cause. Don't get "depressed with worry," just get the evaluation you need.

many thanks dr bob
going to my wedding without hearing from you