I'm Begging, Please answer.

Dr. Frascino, Please what ever it takes. I will donate or whatever you wish. I am a desperate man. I wrote you last week regarding existing infection. I performed oral on a woman that had a vaginal strep group B and garderella infection. Would this increase the risk of HIV if she was positive? My oral health was fine. No soars cuts or bad gums. I had a soar throat approx 10 days after that lasted for a week which triggered my cold soars. I dont know if its my strict Roman Catholic past thats making me nuts or the possibility of HIV.

Please Help me. Im so desperate I didnt even bring up my Italian heritage.

I promise I will donate if you answer.

Yours truly, Big dopey Italian

Hello Big Dopey Italian,

I think you're a bit confused on the concept here. The basic fact is that having an STD can increase your chances of getting infected with HIV. So if you had oral sex while your cold sores (not "soars," by the way) were active, your risk of contracting HIV from an HIV-positive partner would increase. Your partner's group B strep and gardnerella are not really a factor in your HIV risk.

Thanks for your offer to make a tax-deductible donation to my foundation, but those donations should only be made out of a desire to help the Foundation with its mission of providing crucial services to men, women and children living with HIV/AIDS and to promote awareness of the HIV/AIDS epidemic through education and advocacy. Donations should not be made as an enticement to get me to respond to a particular question. My advice here is free and available to all.

That said, should you decide to donate (www.concertedeffort.org), please accept my sincere appreciation for your compassion and generosity two very common Italian traits!

Stay well.

Bush is a good president
what do you think? Bob