Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Bush is a good president
Sep 3, 2004

I think that I am HIV+ but am too scared to get the test. This is what I did wrong: In 1990-1993 I had unprotected sex with someone 3 different times with no ejaculation. Granted I feel fine and he is alive and healthy, I still feel this could have made me HIV+. Now I have recently noticed that my throat has a feeling like a lump in it. It doesnt hurt to eat or swallow, but could it be yeast? It actaully hurts when I talk, like my voice is tired, but if I dont talk it doesnt hurt. Make sense? So what should I do? Can I ask my doctor for a viral load test but not an HIV test? After 11, almost 12 years, wouldnt I have a viral load if I had HIV? My personal doctor insists you have atleast some symptoms in your blood after 5 or 6 years post seroconversion. She says this is a fact that cant be debated. The whole idea of an HIV test makes me want to puke on the floor. By the way, what is the risk on nonejaculatory sex as the receiver. Im a girl.

By the way, I like you, but Bush is a good president, John Kerry tells nasty lies about President Bush. Do you really want a president that lies? Did you forget the lies that Clinton told about "sexual relations" right after he used my money to pay for his lawyer.

From New Hampshire

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello from New Hampshire,

In the midst of your question, you ask, "Make sense???" I'll answer that part first. No, actually you are not making any sense at all.

Unprotected sex places you at risk for STDs, including HIV. If you are worried about HIV, you should get an HIV test. There is no way around that simple fact. Asking your doctor for a viral load test, but not an HIV test, makes as much sense as the GOP trying to discredit John Kerry's Vietnam service by comparing it to Bush's brave decision to show up for a dental appointment.

As for something that "makes me want to puke on the floor," well your comments about Bush had that effect on me. Do I really want a president who lies??? Of course not. That's why I want Bush re-defeated. Isn't it clear to everyone, except Bush and his buddies and the entire Fox News Channel, that the Iraq war was a mistake a detour from hunting down terrorists that was undertaken on the basis of lies and wrong information and that is likely, in the final analysis, to do far more harm than good when it comes to calming fanaticism in the Middle East? As for nasty lies, have you been tuning into the GOP convention? Regarding Clinton, you might want to recheck your facts on how much of your money was spent relentlessly trying to drive Clinton from office during his entire presidency.

I do hope all of this will one day soon "make sense" to you!

Good luck. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Risk through ejaculation
Next
I'm Begging, Please answer.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.