darn its my 3rd time asking, still love ya!

Dr-First off you are the man!

history- Its about 9 months since I had sex and about 2 months since my last test which was negative. I do not do any type of drugs. I need to know if I should get tested due to the following:

I had some dental work done and I was out at the bar that night when I felt a sharp pain in my gums, so I put my dirty hands in my mouth about 3 different times that night not thinking to wash my hands and my gum was bleeding a little bit, I also drank out of someones glass as well. Should I get tested?

I also wanted to know if this is an OCD issue, i worry about HIV and different exposures. Please help me out.

Ps- I am a straight male but you are a stud! Thanks

Dannyboy

Hi Dannyboy,

I see no reason for HIV testing, based on the information you have provided. HIV is really much, much more difficult to catch than that.

Is this OCD? I can't diagnose OCD with only such limited information. I will say, however, that your worries about HIV are way out of proportion to any real risk. That may be a problem related to misinformation or not understanding scientific facts about HIV transmission. Alternatively, it could indeed be irrational, totally unjustified fears of HIV. Spend some time reading through the information on this site and related links. There is a wealth of information here. If you remain excessively concerned, talk to your doctor about getting some counseling to help you cope with this anxiety. OK?

Regarding your P.S., you're a straight male, but still think I'm a stud??? Thanks, Dannyboy! Gosh, all I have to do is convert three more and I'll get the toaster oven.

Stay well, Dannyboy!

WILL DONATE! 4TH TIME ASKING! THINK I'M HIV+
Retesting