Oral Sex with Known HIV woman

Hi Dr Bob,

I wrote you in the past and you've answer my questions. Thank you. However, my story just took an unwanted twist. I've recently found out the woman from Russia that I gave oral sex for 10-20 seconds did in fact have HIV. She no longer works at the club and I've heard she was sent back to her country. I have a frined who's a bouncer their and confirmed it. As you can imagine I am now very worried. Please answer all of the following questions to help me through this situation. My testing history: PCR/DNA at 10 & 28 days, ELISA HIV 1 at 2,4,7,25 wks, Elisa HIV 2 at 25 wks, Home Access at 9,12,15,18,23 wks, and Gen Probe TMA through Red Cross. However, I told the Red Cross not to use my blood until I felt sure I was ok. All test have been negative.

1. Because the woman was positive do I still need to test and for how long. I need 100% assurance. 2. Because she was from another country I'm worried about sub types.

My symptoms were present before I got the bad news. My current and real symptoms are skin pain on scalp, arms, hands, back, and forehead. Feels like a sunburn. Very sore joint pains in hands and feet. Stiff neck, eye floaters, and tingling in hands and feet. It's strange, everytime I do something that involves using my hands they ache and tingle like never before. Also, my wife (who I had unprotected sex with after the negative pcr's) is extremely fatigued, and has skin issues like very dry skin exspecially on bottom of feet and goosebumps like bumps on her skin that arent going away. Is this just a coinedence or can it all be related to HIV? Also, she did have diearreha, headaches, body aches, and a sore throat all in one week. Furthermore, my buddy who did the same as me right after me has dermatitis on the side of his face. He has tested neg on oral sure at 18 weeks.

Please help because I feel like I just ruined my family.

Another donation will be on the way very soon.

Thanks,

LB

Hello L.B.,

The "unwanted twist" information does not change my opinion or my advice to you. I believe your tests to be definitive. You are negative. No additional or specialized testing is warranted. Neither your, nor your wife's, nor your sloppy-seconds buddy's symptoms are suggestive of HIV.

Thank you for your donations. They truly are urgently needed and warmly appreciated.

Stay well,

prostitutes/high risk group/hiv
Testing...