Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Woo Hoo From Papi
Aug 29, 2004

Hey Dr. Bob,

You are one hot guy-- but also such an inspiration AND your wit, acumen, perspective are so admirable-- enough. Simply one big fan here!

I am the guy you referred to as "Papi" (although I am in the same decade of life as you are-- just towards the end of the range) who only recently entered the "fold" with regrettably random oral sex (both receptive and insertive) with guys I met online. Of course, I worried until my test came back NEGATIVE today, but there is a real question here:

I would like to continue to meet guys (more of a friendship thing than random encounters), BUT, I know a lot of guys are reluctant to use condoms for ORAL sex believing that I am being overly cautious. Do you have any SAFE SEX suggestions for maintaining an active sex life while also staying out of harm's way?

AND by the way, we've got to "DD" -- Defeat Dubya!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Papi!

I'm a Papi, you're a Papi . . . . Papis rule!

Congratulations and WOO-HOO Papi! Great news!

Every sexually active Papi I mean person needs to decide what level of risk they are personally willing to take. Other Papis I mean people may disagree with your choices, but don't let their opinions dictate your behavior. It is true that oral sex carries a very low risk for HIV transmission. However, low risk is not no risk! I can assure you there are many Papis I mean hot dudes who have set their safer sex limits at the same level as you. You may not find them in the chat room "suckUdry.com," but I assure you they exist! Perhaps a good place to search would be at a DD rally. After all, DD-dudes certainly can recognize a real danger when they are confronted by one, right?

Stay safe. Stay well. And yes "DD!"

Dr. Bob

Previous
Thank you
Next
Synovial fluid Eye splash

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.