Thank you

Hi Dr. Thanks for your reply to my post on the 18th of August (Ally from scotland). I too have found myself coming back to the site even although i am in the clear because the information on the site is very interesting and i am gaining a greater understanding of HIV. Something i never mentioned before is that I am a Speach and LAnguage therapist and i know that my experience will enable me to treat positive patients in an unpredudice way (knowledge is a powerful tool and used the right way can really help). I am ashamed to admit that I did look on +ve patients differently but the fact is there is not enough education on the virus and too much focus on avoid at all costs, hence increasing the stigma (a better understanding would facilitate safer behaviour anyway i believe). So really just a note of thanks, i for one am totaly grateful for your work and i know there are many others. Plus i checked out your foundations website today also and i will donate as soon as my pay check come in!!! Ally

Hello Ally,

Both your kind words and generous offer to make a donation to my foundation are warmly appreciated. I believe the most effective way to turn the tide against the HIV/AIDS pandemic is to combine the efforts and resources of concerned compassionate folks like you into a massive global "concerted effort." Ally, it is my pleasure to welcome you as an ally in this crucial fight. The play on words (Ally/ally) is intentional in light of your being a speech and language therapist!

Stay well. Many thanks, ally Ally!

Dr. Bob, does testing positive for HIV depend on the state of your body?
Woo Hoo From Papi