Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill
   
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
           
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary


I am sorry about my rude comment Dr. Bob - "No more easy BJ BS"
Aug 28, 2004

Dr. Bob, Thank you for answering my question. After my friend told me that Hep can be contracted sexually, I went on the net and searched for the TRUTH. When I read on many other sites about co-infection of HIV with and Hep, I was worried that somehow my 3 month test would be trivial. Anyway, I really apologize for being rude. I know how each one feels right now worrying and I should symphatheize with them.

But through all my worries last 3 months, I learned a lot about HIV and how many people suffer in this world because of it. Also, I realized that more awareness need to be out there in this society. In the past, I did not know much about the latex condoms protect against STDs and HIV. Somehow, from what I got from the girls was that as long as they are taking the birth control pills, she and the guy should be okay. I am glad that is not the case before being too late.I will inform them the truth when I have the chance. Anyway, I tested negative 3 months after a protected vaginal intercourse. However, I got cut and bled during sex and condom slipped about 80% of my penis.If you knwo I am okay for sure, put me with the X-filers.

Anyway, I really pray that someone can find the cure soon and that you will live till that day. I am thinking about being a Dr someday and help out those with HIV or other serious ailments and can't afford good treatments. Aslo,I will donate soon and you can use that to help as much people as possible. Thank you for everything and the wonderful forum and keep up with your good work encouraging the worried wells.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Welcome back to the Forum. Your apology is graciously accepted.

Yes, please do spread the word that birth control pills are for "birth control," just as the name implies, but offer absolutely no protection from STDs, including HIV.

Yes, your three-month negative test is sufficient for me to consider you an X-Filer, even though your condom slipped up 80%. That still leaves 20% covering the action end of your one-eyed monster.

Thank you for your willingness to make a donation to help others struggling to cope with the challenges of AIDS. Your one gift will touch many lives.

Keep up your studies. I'll look forward to welcoming you as a physician colleague someday in the not-too-distant future!

Stay well!

Dr. Bob



Previous
A l'aide docteur Bob
Next
DONT SEE THIS QUESTION - PLEASE JOINT PAIN AND HIV

  
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS


 
Advertisement



Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint

Advertisement