oral sex and mouth ulcers

Hi dr Bob I read your column all the time as I am constantly anxious about hiv and find great comfort. Sometimes I give oral sex to guys, usually of unknown status; people I meet in parks and saunas. But I also constantly have mouth ulcers on my tongue and gums, sometims growing other times going away,some big, some small. Although oral is low risk the literature says to avoid oral if you have such ulcers so now what is my risk? I am worried now as I had a flu like illness for 3 days after giving oral to 5 different guys although only one ejaculated in my mouth

thanks Dr Bob - how do I donate from another country?

The overall HIV risk of oral sex is very low. Yes, it is true that oral ulcers or trauma (cuts, dental work, flossing, etc.) could increase the risk of HIV transmission theoretically by increasing the chances that HIV-infected ejaculate could enter the blood stream or the mucous membranes. In general, guidelines for sexually active folks who have even low risk exposures would include STD (including HIV) screening at least every six months.

Why are you having so many mouth ulcers? Have your doctor and a dentist check this out. That is a condition that can usually be readily treated.

Donations to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be made in several ways, including check (we accept all types of currency), direct wire transfer from your bank, or via credit card payment. Details for how to donate can be found on our website, www.concertedeffort.org. If you have any difficulties, just let me know.

Thank you for your willingness to help others struggling to survive with HIV/AIDS.

We will all send you our best karma for negative HIV test results.

Im the natural lamb condom guy
Tranmission via "shotgun"