Dr. Bob, please answer a question that is tough, no more easy BJ BS
Aug 26, 2004
Dr. Bob, Is it true that if you are co-exposed to HIV with Hep than your seroconversion is delayed? Is this why when you have unprotected intercourse with confirmed positive you need to retest at 6 months? Is it true that over 50% of HIV infected in NY also are co-infected with otehr Hep? Doesn't this mean that 3 months window period is irrelevant? Thanks for answering something more intriguing than some BS BJ or kissing questions.
Response from Dr. Frascino
No more easy BJ BS? Hey there, just because you don't particularly like oral sex doesn't mean everyone has to give it up for Lent. And besides, there's nothing all that "easy" about a great B.J. After all, they don't call it a "job" for nothing!
OK, on to your "tough" questions:
1. No, HIV seroconversion is not delayed by co-infection or co-exposure to hepatitis. However, the reverse could be true. For instance, if someone has HIV with significant immunodeficiency they then may lack the ability to produce anti-hepatitis C antibodies, thereby giving a "false-negative" anti-HCV test result. For this reason, HCV-PCR testing would be recommended.
2. No, that recommendation has nothing to do with hepatitis co-infection.
3. I don't have the NY statistics handy, but 50% sounds a bit high to me (as an unqualified statistic). Check with the NY state health authorities if you need the latest epidemiological statistics.
4. No, nothing you have asked about changes any guidelines or recommendations. I'd say the only thing "irrelevant" here is your trivializing other people's HIV concerns.
If you have additional questions pertaining to HIV-hepatitis co-infection, you should either:
1. Check out our expert forum dedicated exclusively to that topic.
2. Consider losing the condescending comments, if you plan to post again in this forum.
3. All of the above.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- HIV Risk Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Ache In Testicles After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Insertive Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.